Emergency SMS (eSMS) for Sky Mobile
You’ll find information about eSMS and how to set it up at Emergency SMS's website, so you can send and receive texts from 999/18000 on your Sky Mobile number.
This service is an add-on to the existing 999 and 18000 services in the UK. It’s a third party service that customers can register for at any time. If you already have eSMS and transfer your number to Sky Mobile, you’ll keep the service. Your text message will be connected to 999 through the text relay 18000 service and a relay assistant will speak your text message to the 999 advisor. Their reply will be sent back to you as a text.
Setting up eSMS:
You need to register your mobile before using eSMS.
- Send the word “register” in a text message to 999.
- You’ll then get text messages about the service.
- When you’ve read the texts, reply by sending “yes” in a text to 999.
- You’ll get a text telling you:
- Your mobile phone is registered, or
- There’s a problem with your registration (see the website for help)