Sky for Cognitive Impairment
Settings on your Sky box
Whether you have Sky+ or Sky Q, it’s easy to find the entertainment you love.
Each Sky box has:
• High-contrast settings to make it easier to read and get around your TV Guide
• Clear signposts for entertainment with Subtitles or Audio Description – just look for [S] or [AD] in the show’s information
• The option to highlight shows with Subtitles or Audio Description in a different colour so they stand out in your TV Guide
• An easy way to record series at the touch of a button so you can watch subtitled and audio described shows from your Planner
• Shortcuts to turn Subtitles or Audio Description on and off, and access TV Help
We designed each Sky box to be intuitive to use. They’ll continue to evolve as we add more features.
You can save your favourite channels and turn the mini-TV on and off on your Sky+HD box.
Sky Broadband, Sky Talk and Sky Mobile services
Our accessibility service for Sky Talk is regulated by Ofcom, as described in the General Condition (PDF). We're proud of the quality of support we offer to make sure you get the most from Sky. Read about our support for Sky Talk and Sky Mobile.
We also created a guide for mobile devices and their accessibility features to help you select the right one for you.
Our service to you
Our dedicated Accessibility Customer Service team is fully trained to help you with all our products and services. They’re available seven days a week, between 8am and 11pm, or if you need them in an emergency or outside of these hours, call 0344 241 0333 (or 0818 71 98 09 for ROI).
We tailor our support to help you get the most from Sky. Get in touch to register your account so we can offer a more personalised service.
'I could not manage without the Accessibility team because they are so marvellous, because my brain is mush and I always forget to pay the bill. With the Accessibility team ringing me, I pay my bill on time and I always have money in the account. I think they’re absolutely marvellous – especially Michelle.'
Helping a family member manage their account
We support customers with accessibility requirements, some examples including long-term hospital stays or customers living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, by allowing a third party to deal with the account. The nominee will be able to speak to us on behalf of the account holder to sort out things like bills. Or we can make a more formal arrangement if you send us the necessary documentation.
Contact our dedicated Accessibility Customer Service Team for more information.