The Sky Talker provides speech access to programme and channel information, as well as Sky+ play/pause functionality. It works with Sky Digibox, Sky+ and Sky+HD settop boxes, making it possible for blind and partially sighted people to browse and choose programmes to enjoy on Sky TV.
Setting up the Sky Talker
The Sky Talker is a small box (roughly 15cm x 10cm in size). It has four sockets on the back, one button on the top, and another button on the front. With the back of the Sky Talker pointed towards you, the four sockets are (from left to right):
- Power (plugs into the wall).
- Data (plugs into your settop box).
- SCART (plugs into your settop box).
- Audio (plugs into a speaker). Required for Sky+ HD only.
Turning on the Sky Talker
- Turn the Sky Talker on by pressing the button on the front. It will say "Ready", followed by the date and time.
- Press the button on the front of the Sky Talker again to turn it off, and you'll hear it say "Standby", before the Sky Talker shuts down.
Configuring the Sky Talker
- Hold down the button on the front of the Sky Talker to enter the Settings menu.
- Use the button on the top to move left/right through the options for the first setting.
- Press the button on the front of the Sky Talker to move to the next setting, and repeat the step above.
- Hold down the button on the front of the Sky Talker to exit the Settings menu.
Using the Sky Talker
The Sky Talker works through your Sky remote control. As you move through channels, the Sky Talker will announce the channel number, channel name and programme name automatically.
You can hear more detailed programme information by pressing the Programme Synopsis button on your Sky remote control. The Sky Talker also provides speech feedback when you use the Sky+ Pause, Play and Rewind buttons on your Sky remote control.
Order the Sky Talker
The Sky Talker costs £60. We can arrange for an engineer to visit your house, install the Sky Talker and show you how it works.
Please contact Sky's dedicated accessibility customer service team to order your Sky Talker.